To experience sustained success, urban youth workers need a healthy framework to build their ministries upon. To help provide our participants with this structure, we have shaped our curriculum around five core values: accountability, balance, interdependence, empowerment and leverage.
These values might not even be on the radars of some of our participants when they come to DVULI. But, when they are encouraged to look at the core values intensely and to examine the relevance of accountability, balance, interdependence, empowerment and leverage in their lives
and ministries, it helps them to see things from a whole new perspective.
As our skilled trainers take deep dives into each core value, participants begin to see the bigger picture of how the values work cohesively together to support a strong, healthy and vibrant ministry. They reexamine their leadership approaches. They begin to envision new ministry structures that they never even knew were possible. And, they come out on the other side reenergized and better equipped to lead and grow ministries built for sustained vitality and success.
- Accountability: Effective leaders regularly seek feedback and guidance from trusted sources.
- Balance: Effective leaders understand the importance of living a balanced life, concerned with the development of the whole person.
- Interdependence: Effective leaders are effective collaborators, aware of the rich resources present in their organizations and communities.
- Empowerment: Effective leaders recognize the importance of bringing out the best in others.
- Leverage: Effective leaders know how to use the positive potential of change, knowing thatseemingly small actions can have significant impact.
Read a full description of the DVULI Core Values (PDF).